28 Dec 2012
Happy Holidays, NewlyWishers! For those of your who celebrated this week, we hope you had a wonderful time with your family, easy and safe travel and enjoyed some all around merriment!
As December 31st approaches (and we know we safely made it through the “End of the World”) we are getting excited for our New Year’s plans! And to help us ring in the New Year (and pick out all the best outfits, accessories and decorations for your New Year’s Eve plans) we wanted to introduce you to the 2013 Pantone Color of the Year: Emerald! Pantone, renowned color specialists, say that the color is, “Lively. Radiant. Lush… a color of elegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony.” The color represents, among many things, healing, positivity, rejuvenation and energy and fashion experts are already raving about the potential color stories and favorite color pairings. What colors do we hear go best with emerald? Be lively and radiant with bold yellows and oranges; for a lush look go with rich purples, blues, reds, blacks and golds; and bring out your inner balance and harmony with greys, whites and muted blues.
Here are some of our favorite products in this year’s color. From home decor essentials to beauty must-haves, these products allow you to mix-and-match Emerald with your everyday essentials.
Chunky Emerald Knit Infinity Scarf by Moklafasolka | Classic Lismore Cased Cocktail Glass | Marakesh Double Old Fashion Glasses in Water | Lora Necklace by Loren Hope | “Going Incognito” Nail Polish by Essie | Burt Sugar’s Baseball Hall of Fame | Emerald Scarabaeus Throw Pillow by crabbychris
- We love this hand-knitted, on-trend chunky infinity scarf. It’s made from wool so it’s perfect for this chilly weather and comes in beautiful, emerald color.
- The collection of four martini cocktail glasses, each tinted in a vivid color including this bright emerald green, is made of fine crystal by Waterford.
- The splashes of color in these fun Marakesh glasses, made from recyclable glass, make sure no one will take their cocktail too seriously.
- The simple, geometric quality of this long pendant necklace, which features three vintage, pyramid-shaped gemstones in hand-carved settings is part of the Loren Hope collection, which offers an evolving line of upscale, handcrafted, eco-friendly jewelry.
- Essie’s ‘Going Incognito‘ is the perfect way to incorporate emerald into your everyday wardrobe without going overboard.
- A perfect gift for your guy — Burt Sugar, award winning sports writer, takes readers deep into the Hall of Fame as never before in this book bound in beautiful, emerald green calf-skin leather.
- We love the uniqueness of this naturally-processed pillow, featuring an emerald scarab, a prominent spiritual symbol in ancient Egypt.
We hope your love our emerald picks! Stay tuned this year to see more and more ways to incorporate this regal color into your home.
Wishing you all a Happy and Prosperous New Year!
The NewlyWish Team