6 Aug 2013
When designing a new home, sometimes it’s easiest to start with the basics. White can be the most basic, but also the most chic way to decorate a room. Rachel Zoe knows the power of white. On the last season of the Rachel Zoe Project, her adorable stylist, Jeremiah was tasked with styling Rachel’s new pad around a white color-scheme. The result was “bananas”.
(photos courtesy of Apartment Therapy)
And so, we’ve pulled together some basic white, but beyond stylish, pieces for your home.
P.S. Don’t forget that they’re all shopable – click the images for details!
Whether you’re sitting down for sushi or a formal dinner, white dinnerware will go with any dish.
- Masu Sushi Tray from Bobby Berk Home provides an elegant yet modern way to serve sushi and sashimi. Its minimal platform presents the food while a seamless basin holds the sauce accompaniment.
- Chilewich Tuxedo Stripe Table Runner from B Moore Home has a sheer and elegant tuxedo stripe design creating a beautiful formal design.
- Looking for dinnerware that doesn’t compete with your culinary masterpiece? White Noise by Ink Dish has a subtle pattern and is mostly monochromatic so it does not compete with the delicious delicacies you’re serving.
Scrub-a-dub-dub in a porcelain white tub!
- Transform your daily routine into a spa experience with Peacock Alley’s Uptown Towels from B Moore Home.
- Tour St. Paul’s Cathedral, St. Mary’s Axe (aka, the Gherkin), Tower Bridge, Big Ben and the London Eye ferris wheel before breakfast with this London Shower Curtain by Blissliving Home. (Bobby Berk Home)
- Bring the spa home with you with this Senses Robe by Anichini Luxury Linens.
Wrap yourself in wondrous white sheets and welcoming white blankets.
- This Madeira honeycomb woven blanket by Peacock Alley from B Moore Home will make even the toughest days worthy of a good ‘ol fashion snuggle session.
- Tailored with enormous, asymmetrical pleats across the face, the Belgravia duvet cover by Blissliving Home forms elegant drifts of smooth cotton sateen, herringbone ramie and white linen that whisper of couture boutiques and custom-designed wedding gowns. (Bobby Berk Home)
- The ultimate luxury is a fabulous set of monogrammed pajamas from Luxury Monograms.
Whether you accent with a white table lamp or go all out with a white lounger, your guests will be wow’d by your chic snowy decor.
- The Kensington Mirror from B Moore Home is a classic hand carved form with a contemporary twist – a truly outstanding frame designed for any environment.
- Light up your living room with this White Porcelain Signature Table Lamp from B Moore Home.
- Overnight guests? No problem with this Gus Modern James Lounge from Bobby Berk Home. This unique and versatile lounge has removable back cushions which allows the James to transform into a single bed.
Have a beautiful week and remember, don’t be afraid of the basics!